Introduction

Welcome to our blog! Follow us to see how our lives change throughout this fun and crazy time. We hope you enjoy the ride as much as we do!







Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Fun!

Well, even though summer is almost half way over I don't have one single post up...shame on me.  And unfortunately, I will have less posts than I hoped for because I very irresponsibly lost my camera and all the pictures that went with it.  Boo.  Let's not dwell on that, though.  Let's take a look at some of the fun things we've been doing this summer. 

One of the best things about this summer is the extra time I've gotten to spend with my niece and nephews and the time Clare has gotten to spend with her cousins.  Clare LOVES her cousins!  Several Tuesdays this summer, I've had the opportunity to watch all 4 kids while Sara is at work.  We've had a lot of fun during our time...going to the library, the park, going out to eat, the zoo, and even a trip to a mini splash park.  Here are some of the highlights:

We went to a presentation about animals from all over the world at the zoo.  The kids were allowed to touch all kinds of animals and learned more about what the animals eat, their habitats, etc.  Clare could have cared less about all of the information but she sure thought it was neat (and at times a bit scary) seeing all of them.  After the show we got to walk around the zoo some more, had a picnic lunch, and then played at the park for a while. 




Another favorite of the summer was visiting the mini splash park outside of the new Flint Hills Discovery Center in Manhattan.  The park has fountains the kids can play in and a small little river that they can swim in with fountains over their head going to music.  All of the kids really loved this one.  As I've said before, Clare is a little fish and would spend all of her time in the water if she could.  It was funny to watch her run up to get splashed in the face with the fountains...I don't know many kids who don't mind getting splashed in the face like her. 




Hope you, too, are finding ways to stay cool this blazing summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment