So, since I am starting this blog very late in my pregnancy, I will catch you up on where we are at. We are almost 37 weeks along, which means it is only about 23 more days until the baby is due (October 19th is the official due date). And yes, when you have a huge watermelon growing on your front, every day counts! We wanted to be surprised about the sex of the baby so we didn't find out if we are having a boy or a girl. Many people have called us crazy about this one, but we think it makes it that much more fun! Below is a picture of what I look like at this stage in pregnancy. People keep telling me that I look great, but I think they are just trying to be kind and don't want to see a hormonal, pregnant woman upset because I sure feel huge!
One of the most fun things about getting ready to have the baby has been getting the nursery ready. It has taken a lot of work for sure, but now that it is ready to go (minus a few things hanging on the wall) it is really just amazing. Getting ready and making sure we have everything we need really has been a team effort - I guess it is true what they say about it taking a village to raise a child. In our case it took a village to help us get ready - our family has just been so helpful in the process! Tony built the crib from scratch and it is absolutely beautiful. I couldn't imagine something more perfect for our little one. Everything is very neutral in the room for obvious reasons, but we are so happy with the way it has all turned out.
So, now we are pretty much ready for the arrival of the baby. Even though we feel as if our house is shrinking by the minute (who new something so little could need SO much stuff), we are so excited to meet the little guy or girl for the first time. We feel very blessed to be having a new addition to our family. We'll keep you posted!
Rachel -- you DO look great! You look much bigger than when I saw you just a couple of weeks ago...that baby must be ready to come soon. :) The nursery looks so beautiful with everything put together. Can't wait to meet the little one!
ReplyDelete