Introduction

Welcome to our blog! Follow us to see how our lives change throughout this fun and crazy time. We hope you enjoy the ride as much as we do!







Wednesday, March 2, 2011

4 months old already!

Sorry it has been so long since my last post...things have been slightly busy around here.  As I mentioned last time (more than a month ago - gee I am a slacker!) I was getting back to work.  I have now been at my long-term sub position about two and a half weeks and it has been crazy!  I love going to work and I love the second grade class that I have, but it is much harder than I thought it would be working, being a mom, and not to mention trying to get our house sold. 

For those of you who don't know, Tony and I are moving out of the Kansas City area in the next couple of months.  Tony got a great new job at a cabinetry company in Manhattan, which is what started this whole transition.  Then shortly after, I was fortunate to be offered a 3rd grade teaching position for next year in the Kaw Valley School District.  We are both really looking forward to our new positions!!!  However, that means that things have flown into high gear around here trying to get the house sold, look for a house in our new location, and so on, and so on.  We are so excited to be closer to family, but we are also very sad to leave our friends. 

Now, onto the good stuff - what is going on with Clare.  But before I tell you what's new, I must share some of her three month photos.  Aunt Sara took them and as usual she did such an awesome job!  Check them out...







As you can see in these pictures, Clare is changing so quickly.  She is growing like a weed.  At her four month appointment she had grown 3 inches (now just about 26 inches long) in just a matter of 6 weeks.  However, she didn't gain that much in the weight department so besides a few rolls on her thighs, she looks like a little string bean!  :)

I am always amazed with the new things that she is doing, she's really getting quite the little personality.  Although she doesn't say real words, she sure does babble a lot.  I just keep telling Tony that once she really starts talking it will probably be hard to get her to be quiet!  He says that she's going to take after me!  Clare has also started to be a rolling machine.  Earlier it was just front to back - but now it is front to back, back to front, sideways, and in a circle.  She really finds it entertaining to spin herself all around on the floor in the evenings.  I'm not sure what Daisy thinks about here getting more mobile, but we will soon see how that works out.  The other really fun thing that has changed is that Clare has started to eat cereal.  It is hilarious to watch.  It's like we can't get it in her mouth fast enough - she absolutely loves it.  Check out a couple of these pictures to see what a mess she can make.  In the first one her eye looks crappy because she scratched it...but you can still get the gist of the cereal experience. 



Well, that's about all I've got time for now.  I hope that I can post again before she turns five months, but who knows.  I hope you all have a great week and are enjoying the glimpse of spring-like temperatures to come!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment