So, I think in my last post I mentioned that things had been slow around here for the beginning of 2011...well that changed real quick! As I realized that going back to work was just around the corner, it meant getting a lot more accomplished throughout the day. Plus we have had a lot going on during our weekend time. It's been very fun (because it was all family stuff) but just a bit time consuming.
Let's start back where I left off last time and then I will work up to the present. A few weeks ago, Nana came to spend the weekend with us. It was very low key and really great time for the three of us girls to spend time together. Tony was out of town, so we did things that we really like to do - like put together a puzzle. When I was a kid, my mom and I did a lot of puzzles together and it was so much fun. I really hope that Clare and I can continue that tradition. As you can see by the picture below she is off to a good start!
The next week Clare Bear turned three months old! That is so hard for me to believe that our little baby girl is growing so fast. I have always heard people talking about time flying when it comes to their children, and now I see why. She is getting so much bigger and is a babbling machine. I have a feeling when real words start coming out of that little mouth, it will be hard for her to stop! I guess in that way, she will take after her mommy! :)
I think that I mentioned in one of the last posts how much Clare loves to look at the TV. Well, that hasn't changed a bit. I don't know if it is the bright lights, and flashing colors or what...but she is going to be a TV junkie if we don't do something soon. And now it is even worse - she is a remote hog too! It looks as if she wants to watch a different channel here. Too funny!!!
The same weekend that baby girl turned three months, we also took a trip up to Axtell for great-grandpa Elmer's 80th birthday. The party for him was so nice. There were a lot of family and friends in attendance, so Clare of course got TONS of attention. She really enjoyed that, but she was wiped out by the end of it. When we were in Axtell, Clare worked on her card playing skills too. I think she is going to be a real card shark. She would get that from Papa or Daddy...not me!
Last weekend was super eventful around our house. Clare spent her first night away from us. She was with Nana in a hotel down the street while we had our annual post-holiday, holiday party. I meant to take my camera and get a picture of Clare's first hotel trip, but it totally slipped my mind as I was running around trying to get everything ready. As usual, we had a great time at the party...but it got a little wild. And even though we had a great time at the party, the next morning I woke up missing Clare Bear and dying to go get her. I guess this was a good warm-up for our trip in March, though. Tony and I are going with Sara and Nate for a five-night stay in an all-inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic. So excited! And also so nervous about leaving Clare for that long. She's going to be having so much fun without us - she will be at Mema and Papa's with all three of her cousins.
So, I think that brings us up to this week. It has been crazy. I started transitioning slowly back to work (half days, three days this week) and Clare started daycare! I thought I would be super emotional on the first day I dropped her off, but I really wasn't. I really like the lady that we chose for daycare and I completely trust her to take care of our baby. Each time I have picked Clare up, she has seemed so happy so I know she is having a good time there. There are a couple of toddlers there too, so I am sure she is having a great time watching all of their activity. Next week, she will spend a bit more time there. And then once Jenny has her baby girl I will be back to work full time in the classroom. I'll keep you posted!
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment