The final weeks of 2010 were really busy and really great here in the Buessing house. When we returned from our first weekend of Christmas celebration in Axtell, we only had 3 days to unpack and get ready to do it all again. We left for Topeka on the Wednesday before Christmas so we could split our time between Papa Sam/Grandma Tammy's house and Nana's house. The time in Topeka was very nice and relaxing. We spent the first couple of days including Christmas Eve at Papa Sam's. The Christmas Eve celebration was with Tammy's family as usual and it was a fun time. We had a wonderful meal and then did presents for the kids. Clare of course got some great stuff including a few outfits, an adorable stuffed elephant, and a fun tummy time mat that looks like a frog on a lily pad. Below are some pics of that portion of our Christmas, plus Clare trying out her new tummy time mat.
Our next stop for Christmas was to Nana's house. We spent Christmas Eve night through Sunday evening there and of course had a great time. On Christmas Day we headed up to Sabetha to have lunch with Great-Grandpa and Grandma. It was fun because they were able to show Clare off in the care home that they live in. I don't think the people there get to see little babies very often, so it put a smile on their faces. It was so nice to spend the day with Grandma and Grandpa because we don't get to get up there enough.
Later that evening when we got back to Nana's we did our Christmas with her and opened gifts. As usual, we all got spoiled - especially Clare! She got more cute outfits, a kick and play piano, a book, a baby doll, an ornament, and more. Even Daisy got in on the fun. Check it out...
The last stop on the Christmas list was back at our house where Tony and I finally did our gifts to each other and our gifts to Clare. And although I am so thankful for all of the great stuff I got this year, nothing compares to the gift that Tony gave me. I tried to take a picture of it, but I just couldn't get one where you could see it. It was a silver bracelet that has links with photos all the way around it. All of the pictures were of Clare and of our little family. When Tony made it for me, he even included words on the pictures. I know my description isn't doing it justice but it really is amazing! Clare enjoyed her gifts too...as you will see in the picture below (please ignore the dog bone on the ground in the background :) )
We also had another big event happen in our house the Tuesday after Christmas...Clare rolled over for the first time from her tummy to her back!!! We were so proud of her, and I was so glad Tony was home so he could see it too!
Last, but certainly not least we celebrated New Year's Eve. It was pretty low key this year, but it was a great time. We went out to dinner and hung out with Tony's cousins and their wives, who are also good friends of ours. Clare stayed with Mema and Papa until a little after midnight and then we called it a night. Mema and Papa also stayed with us for the rest of the weekend and we just hung out at the house, did a little shopping, and played a lot of cards and dominoes. Papa Gary was teaching Clare how to play pitch and it was pretty cute...check it out!
Well, I think that is it for now. I hope that your 2011 is off to a good start and I will try to post again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment