So, things have been a bit crazy around here the last several weeks...so I have a lot of catching up to do in this post! The first week of December we had a very special visitor. My dear friend, Heather, who now lives in London was in Kansas City for a visit. It was her first time to meet Clare, and we got to spend two afternoons together so it was so much fun! On top of hanging out with Heather at our house, Clare also went to her first girls night with Heather, Jackie, Ang, and Denisse. Oh, and we can't forget D's adorable little girl, Isabella. We had a great dinner, watched Sex in the City 2, and had some much needed girl conversation. :) Check out the pics below of Heather with Clare, and our expanded girls night with the two little ones.
The next weekend Clare and I traveled to Manhattan to hang out with Aunt Sara and MeMa while daddy went hunting. It was more good girl time with shopping, eating out, and watching movies! After that weekend, things got even more hectic around our house. There were Christmas cards to be made, presents to be bought (and a few made) and wrapped, and candy to be made. I am still not sure how, but everything actually got done! Clare had her first dose of how crazy making holiday cheer can be. She was just as wiped out as I was - check out the photos below. Clare was supposed to be having tummy time, but within two minutes she was sleeping on the floor, and then Daisy thought she needed to join her. As you can see, I put a cloth book in front her to give her something interesting to look at, but Tony said she enjoyed reading as much as he does. Ha!
Last, but certainly not least...last weekend we had our first Christmas celebration in Axtell with Tony's family. It was a great start to our holiday celebrations. We got a couple inches of snow while we were opening gifts Saturday morning so it was like we got to have our white Christmas. Opening gifts with the kids is always so much fun. They have so much fun tearing into present after present, and then are entertained for hours with all their new stuff. Although Clare can't open her own gifts or play with them just yet, she seemed to be very happy with all the great things she got! She got clothes, books, toys, and even a new high chair. She also really enjoyed hanging out with her cousins, MeMa and Papa, Aunt Sara and Uncle Nate, and Great-Grandma and Grandpa Rochel. Check out the pics below. My favorites are the ones of Clare in her high chair - she is so tiny in it, the onesie that Sara got her, and the pic with Clare and Aubrey (even though Clare isn't really looking).
In addition to celebrating Christmas, we also learned how to pull taffy on Saturday evening. Yes, you read that right...pull taffy. I don't have any pictures of that right now, but if I get some emailed to me I will definitely post them. It was a lot of fun - and it was not as easy as it sounds. In fact, Tony and I were so uncoordinated as a pair trying to do it. But somehow our taffy came out good enough to eat. It's sitting in our freezer right now waiting for someone to sink their teeth into it!
Well, that's it for now. We are getting ready for several more Christmas celebrations this weekend. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday blessed with family and friends! It could be 2011 by the time I post again, so if it is...Happy New Year! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment