Introduction

Welcome to our blog! Follow us to see how our lives change throughout this fun and crazy time. We hope you enjoy the ride as much as we do!







Friday, January 7, 2011

Slow start to 2011

I am happy to say that the first full week of 2011 has been a nice slow and relaxing one.  Tony went back to work for the entire week so Clare and I have really just been taking the time to get back in our routine, to play a lot, and of course get the house back in order.  One of my new year's resolutions is to declutter and organize my house.  I must say, I am off to a great start because I already cleaned out/rearranged the kitchen and both my dressers and closet.  Another one of my resolutions of course is to lose weight.  Now, I kind of have to laugh when I say this because I make this stupid resolution every year and it never happens.  I don't know what makes me think this year will be any different, but we will see!  I'd love to say I could lose 30 pounds by my 30th birthday in April, but that's pretty lofty.  Wish me luck! 

So, back to Clare...as she approaches three months, she is getting to be so much fun.  She is really developing her own little personality and the way she laughs and smiles at me just melts my heart.  Her new thing is grabbing at objects and pulling them into her mouth.  She's pretty happy with just shoving her entire fist in her mouth, but now she is also pulling mommy and daddy's fingers in, as well as any toys she can figure out how to get there (which are still only a few, but we are working on it!).  So, since there isn't much new to update you on, I am just going to post a bunch of pictures.  The first group are ones I am REALLY late posting which are a sampling of her one month pics.  There were about one hundred pics, so I just picked a few of my faves.  Aunt Sara took them and did a fantastic job, so I want to show them off to everyone. 






Next are just some random pics I have been taking at home.  I'm sure this little girl gets tired of always having a camera in her face, but I just can't help myself!  The first one of her in her play gym makes me laugh because she has all of these interesting toys to play with and what is she straining to see...the TV!  She really is my daughter!  :)







Last, but certainly not least is my latest purchase for little Clare.  It always makes me mad that Target and other stores put out swimsuits in January...like we don't feel bad enough that we gained our holiday weight, let us be tortured by the thought of getting in a swimsuit.  And while I still feel that way about the adult swimsuits, I just couldn't pass up buying this adorable little suit for baby girl.  How cute is Clare Bear going to look in this?  Pretty dang cute, I do believe!!!  Between this and the life jacket that Tony's Aunt Jo gave us, this little diva is going to be ready for Lake Wabaunsee!  :)


Well, that's it for now.  I hope you all have a great weekend.  We are looking forward to a visit from Nana, so ours should be fun! 

2 comments:

  1. rachel, she gets more and more beautiful! her eyes are just stunnning. miss you lots and hope to see you and miss clare soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She'll never miss a 4th of July at the lake.

    ReplyDelete