Introduction

Welcome to our blog! Follow us to see how our lives change throughout this fun and crazy time. We hope you enjoy the ride as much as we do!







Friday, May 24, 2013

Girl Time!

So, lately things have obviously been busy around our house.  One could even make the assumption that Austin has been a major focus right now in our lives.  :)  However, don't make the mistake of thinking we aren't making time for some fun just for Clare.  Last week Clare's cousin Aubrey spent the day with us and they had some much fun being girly girls.  First we painted finger nails and toes.  Of course they were painted pink!  And then the girls dressed up as pretty princesses.  Ever since we've moved here I can't help but think how lucky we are to be close to family so Clare can grow up doing fun things with her cousins.  This was no exception.  Check these cuties out...




Something else about Clare lately is just how talkative she has become.  Okay, who am I kidding?  She has always been a chatter box, but her vocabulary lately just keeps growing and she is saying some really funny things.  Here are some of her recent quotes:

"Shhh...mommy monsters are coming!"  When I ask her what monsters, she says "Monsters, Inc!"  This is her new favorite movie. 

When I tell her something that she doesn't like or doesn't want to do, she looks at me with the biggest grin and says "What you say mommy?"  It's really funny until I've asked her about 4 times.  :)

"Mommy I'm hiding!"  Then I will say "Where's Clare?" And she says "in the closet"...or wherever she might be.  We are still learning the concept of when you are hiding you shouldn't tell people where you are. 

And last...last night I went to tuck her into bed and she told me that her baby Sophie was in time out.  When I asked her why, she said "Sophie wasn't listening."  Then she said "Sophie can get up now, she says she will listen."  Gee, wonder where baby Sophie gets that from.  We only have to talk to Clare about being a good listener every single day!  :) 

Oh, the life with a two year old never gets old!!!   

2 comments:

  1. Love that first picture of Clare with the cheesy smile!! Cute little girls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girls! I want to have a girls party! ;)

    ReplyDelete