Introduction

Welcome to our blog! Follow us to see how our lives change throughout this fun and crazy time. We hope you enjoy the ride as much as we do!







Friday, May 24, 2013

One Month Already!

Wow, it is so hard for me to believe that our little man is already one month old.  He's been here just four short weeks and yet I can't even remember (and certainly don't want to) what life was like without him.  This little boy has brought so much joy into our lives. 





I remember feeling a bit nervous before he arrived and thinking do I have enough love to share with both of these little ones?  And then miraculously, your heart just makes room...like it grows.  The amount of love I feel for both Austin and Clare is just incredible.  Our home is just overflowing with goodness right now.  I especially love the way that Clare has taken to being a big sister.  She wants to help me when I am doing things for Austin like changing his diaper or getting him dressed.  And she also wants to hold him once or twice a day.  She will give him kisses on the forehead and say things like "look mommy, Austin likes me!"  I have a feeling these two will be good buds some day. 

 
I took Austin to the doctor yesterday for his one month checkup and I was so happy to hear how he is growing.  He is already 8 lbs. 13 oz. and 22 inches long.  So that means he has gained almost two pounds and gained just over two inches since he was born.  He is staying awake more and more as he gets older and is becoming much more alert.  He is starting to track with his eyes a lot better, he turns and looks for voices (especially mom and dad), he can hold his head up fairly well when on his stomach or being held upright, and has even started to crack a little bit of a smile.  It is such a fun time seeing how quickly he is changing and I can't wait to see what he does next! 


1 comment:

  1. Precious! What a good looking Buessing family! I am glad you and Tony are adjusting well to your new little guy! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete