Introduction

Welcome to our blog! Follow us to see how our lives change throughout this fun and crazy time. We hope you enjoy the ride as much as we do!







Monday, October 25, 2010

Big Weekend and Tipping the Scales at the Weight Check!


At only 9 days old, our little Clare made her first visit to Mema and Papa's house in Axtell, KS for a wedding.  It was about a 2 1/2 hour trip each way, so needless to say I was a little nervous.  I've learned that the key to success with something like this is timing the feedings just right.  Clare is eating about every 2-3 hours right now, so there wasn't much wiggle room on either side for this to go smoothly.    But I am happy to report we all made the trip successfully.  She did great and I managed to not be too crazy on the drive there and back! 

It was a fun trip for Clare because she got to see her Mema and Papa, Aunt Sara and Uncle Nate, and cousins Casey, Payton, and Aubrey.  She also got to meet many new family members too including great grandparents, great aunts and uncles, and more!  It was nice to get out of the house, dress up a bit for a change, and see so many people!  Check out the pics of the new family heading out to the wedding.


Sunday was a fun day too because Grandpa Sam and Grandma Tammy came up to visit Clare.  It was the first time Tammy got to meet our sweet little girl, so that made it very special.  They also brought Ariana with them so it was fun to see her as well.  We had a great day - we watched football, ate Italian food, and hung out with our little snuggle bug.  I think Clare feels lucky to have so many people who love her - last week she got spoiled by her Grandma Sharon for a couple of days too!


Last but not least, Clare and I made a trip to the doctor's office today.  I was worried about her getting enough to eat (this is just one of the millions of things I worry about with her) and wanted to check her weight.  Well, it seems I have nothing to worry about because today she tipped the scales.  A week ago she weighed 7lbs 8oz, and today she weighed 8 lbs 7 oz...almost a whole pound in a week.  You go girl!  Well, I think that is it for now.  I hope all of you have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. She looks so great! Such a cute family! Glad to see things are going well for you. I hope to get by soon and hold that sweet little bug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Special pictures - she has lots of people to love her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pics....I so can't wait to meet her!!! We love you guys!! Lesley, Richard, and Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! i just realized she's wearing the little dress i got her! :)

    ReplyDelete