Introduction

Welcome to our blog! Follow us to see how our lives change throughout this fun and crazy time. We hope you enjoy the ride as much as we do!







Sunday, October 31, 2010

Clare Turns 2 Weeks!


It's hard to believe that our little Clare is already 2 weeks old.  Time seems to be flying by already!  We had a great week this week and Clare had some firsts that she seemed to really enjoy.  I was a tad bit nervous at the beginning of the week because it Monday and Tuesday were the first days that we had been alone without Tony or any family or friends to help out.  But we did just fine and enjoyed the extra mother/daughter bonding time!

On Wednesday, I took Clare back to the doctor because I was sure she had pink eye or some kind of an eye infection already (yes, I know I worry too much!).  However, it just turned out to be clogged tear ducts - still yucky, but does not require any antibiotics and I was thankful about that.  When we were there, they weighed her once again and our growing girl weighed in at 8 lbs, 9 oz.  It's no wonder that she is already unable to wear a lot of her newborn outfits.  Not only is she too long already, she weighs too much too!  The exciting part for me is that while Clare is gaining weight steadily, I seem to be moving in the right direction.  On her two week birthday, I tried on my pre-pregnancy jeans and they fit!  They were a bit tighter than before, but they still fit - woohoo! 

On Thursday of this past week, Clare made her first outing to the mall.  This is something that I am sure she will get used to because her momma loves to shop!  We also went to Babies "R" Us and a Halloween parade (inside of course) up at Cerner for my pre-primary classroom.  We did this all with a bit of help from Clare's Mema Jane, who was in town for a couple days.  It was a big day, but she did just great!  Luckily, so far this little sweetie is a really laid-back traveler.  

When the weekend came, it was time to veg out a bit.  My mom came to visit on Saturday so Clare got to spend time with her Grandma but it was very low-key and relaxing.  Clare and daddy got to catch up on some bonding time too.  They enjoyed watching football games together on the couch (you can see in the picture below how much Clare actually enjoyed the game!)- we all cheered for K-State even though it didn't seem to do any good.  We also pulled out her swing, so we tried it out and she seemed to be very comfy in it!  Check out a couple of pics from the weekend below.



 
Well, that's it for today.  We are getting ready for trick-or-treaters at our house.  I hope you all have a safe Halloween and a great week! 

1 comment: