Introduction

Welcome to our blog! Follow us to see how our lives change throughout this fun and crazy time. We hope you enjoy the ride as much as we do!







Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

So it typically takes me a while to post, especially since I've been back to work.  But I have a few extra minutes today and I thought I would take advantage of it to post about our Labor Day weekend.  We went up to Axtell to celebrate Papa's birthday.  It was nice and relaxing and we all had a great time.  We took advantage of the nice weather and spent the majority of our time outside. 

Tony smoked meat for the reunion that we went to on Saturday.  The pork was delicious as usual.  We sat on the porch and played games (some sillier than others...like sitting in a circle and trying to keep a big inflated ball in the air).  We played kickball in the yard with the kids.  Clare just sat in the stroller on the sidelines and looked sad like she wished she could play.  We went on a long walk one day.  Clare got her first sunburn on her face, which made me feel awful.  I have been so good about putting sunscreen on her all summer, but it was cool and we were in long sleeves so I didn't even think of it.  We went on Clare's first four-wheeler ride...that I know of.  She may or may not have been before with Papa!  :)  Clare also got to swing in the yard, which she LOVED.  Clare is also learning to climb stairs (which I am not thrilled about) and she has started pointing.  And last but not least, Clare got to see Grandma and Grandpa Great Rochel and Great Grandma Noble.  Good old-fashion family time!  Here are some of our pics from the weekend. 








And on the way home from seeing Great Grandma Noble today we saw a gorgeous sunflower field that we couldn't resist stopping to shoot a few photos.  Check them out...



A couple of other quick updates about Clare bear.  First, she is finally getting a tooth.  It's on the bottom (there may even be a second one getting ready to pop through, too) and if you look really hard in the picture below you can see the tiny tooth. Also, she is starting to take more and more steps.  I wouldn't say she is really walking yet, but today she did take three or four steps at a time a couple of different times.  


And an update about me...at our school they are starting a running club to get kids active.  I definitely think it is important to be a part of things like this to be a role model for my students and others in the school, so I decided to give it a try.  Those of you who know me well know that I AM NOT A RUNNER.  However, I am going to give it my best.  Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment