The last month has been a bit tough for us. Within two weeks of each other, both Tony and I lost our beloved grandfathers. Both of them had been sick for a while, but it doesn't make it any easier when they're gone. The part that makes me the most sad about it is that Clare will never get to know them. However, as I think back to the last nine months since Clare was born, I have to smile. Clare may not remember the time she spent with them, but they sure enjoyed the getting to spend time with her. And Clare loved to snuggle and play with them. When she gets older, we will tell her the stories about what great men they were and how much they loved her. We love you grandpa, and you will be truly missed!
Rachel and Tony,
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your losses... I am so close with my Granddad and I can't even begin to think of the pain that will come with losing him eventually. It's so great that Clare even got to meet them!! How cool is that? You guys are in my thoughts and prayers for sure. Hang in there and know that they're always with you.
Megan